Tuesday, December 20, 2005

December 19, Garje Khamtul Rinpoche's birthday

For me it kicked off with a rather dismaying surprise- when I was warming up my motorbike to go to work, out of clear sunshine it started raining, the kind of thick drizzle, so I had to rush back upstairs (I was late already) to get the waterproof outer layer for my down jacket. The sun kept on shining through the rain. Well, that I've seen- usually for a few minutes. Yet, the weather just went on doing it all through the day, and rainbows appeared, strong and clear.

Just my imagination? Illusion anyway :)

At least Lama Shenphen pointed out the rainbow when we were (sic! to create the CAUSE in addition to the CONDITIONS) buying lottery (today's jackpot was something like a billion NT$- haven't checked the numbers yet). We made a deal to split the loot. And I still have a promise to halve 50 million if I make it...

No matter what, the day was magical, one of important beginnings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dom, this is Vivien. I have seen the rainbow too! Such a complete and huge rainbow, making me in good mood the whole day. By the way, I also bought the lottery tickets and win nothing. :Q

Taux said...

Hahaa, yeah, we won the rainbow, not the lottery :)